The Mission of ARENA DANCES is to make dance accessible to all through the presentation of contemporary dance, educational outreach, and community gatherings to inspire, promote dialogue and diversity.
OUR GUIDING PRINCIPLES
Because dance cannot survive without new audiences and a deepened appreciation of the art form, we strive to engage individuals and communities:
- To celebrate the depth and breadth of Twin Cities’ dance artists, and their contributions to the evolution and advancement of dance as an art form
- To facilitate the development of Minneapolis a destination for dance artists and audiences
- To serve the community through providing unique and meaningful arts programs that engage and deepen the public’s appreciation and support of dance.
- To build, inspire, entertain and nurture audiences for dance while bringing together the diverse communities, perspectives and aesthetics of the Twin Cities’ rich palette of arts and culture.
- To create a collaborative and inclusive environment that actively promotes respect for diversity in all areas of the organization.